There’s no better time to enjoy the refreshing sweet taste of lemon pie than the end of spring. Added bonus, if you’ve been under lockdown for months, this is a great way to spend an afternoon indoors, because the rewards at the end are so delicious. It starts with a Quest Protein Cookie Crust and your own homemade filling, topped with a hand-whipped topping. Get ready to salivate as the tangy, tart and sweet taste of Questified Lemon Pie
Yields: 10 Servings | Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 150 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Net Carb: 3g
Total Carb: 7g
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: ~9 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes (includes refrigerating time)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup zero calorie sweetener
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the cookies and butter into a food processor and pulse until small crumbles form.
- Press the crumbles into the bottom of a 7-8 inch pie pan prepared with nonstick spray.
- Bake the crust for 7-9 minutes.
- While baking, place all the filling ingredients into a small pot over medium-low heat and whisk until smooth.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes until the mixture thickens, stirring frequently.
- Once the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, pour it through a fine mesh strainer to remove any chunks.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, use a handheld mixer to beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add in the protein powder and continue mixing until combined.
- Spread the topping over the filling and serve.