The Quest Lemon Cake Protein Bar is delicious all by itself, but if you’ve got the time and love to go the extra mile for your breakfast treats, we highly recommend you transform them into these craveable breakfast scones. They go great with a morning coffee or tea and are sure to be a hit with the whole family. Take a look at the full recipe below.
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Scone
Calories: 220 | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 14g
Prep Time: 13 minutes | Cook Time: 14 minutes total | Total Time: ~ 30 minutes
- 2 Quest Lemon Cake Protein Bars, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 Scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cold and cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Cut the Lemon Cake Bar into Cubes
- Place the Quest Bar pieces onto a baking sheet and bake for 4-5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool.
- Place the baked and cooled pieces into a blender and blend until fine crumbles form.
- Place the bar crumbles, almond flour, oat flour, protein, baking powder and salt into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Add in the butter, egg and extract and pulse.
- Dough should be crumbly and wet but hold together when formed into a ball.
- Shape the balls into discs and cut into six triangles.
- Separate triangles on a baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7-9 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool, serve and enjoy!