Even if you can’t make it to New Orleans this year, you can bring New Orleans to you! Our Questified Mardi Gras Pancakes provide you with a delicious and sweet breakfast treat, with 8g net carbs. Can your pancakes do that?
Check out the full recipe below:
MARDI GRAS PANCAKES
Yields: 4 Servings | Serving Size: 3 pancakes (1 of each color)
Calories: 300 | Protein: 21g | Fat: 18g | Net Carb: 8g
Total Carb: 12g
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 4-5 minutes per batch | Total Time: ~ 35-40 minutes
CINNAMON ROLL COFFEE CAKE
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp oat flour
- 2 scoops Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Red, blue, green and yellow food coloring.
- Place the applesauce, eggs, milk and vanilla into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add in the flours, protein powder, baking powder and salt — then mix until combined.
- Divide the batter equally into 3 bowls.
- Place a few drops of red and blue food coloring into one bowl to make purple. Green into another bowl and yellow food coloring into the third bowl.
- Stir in the food colorings with separate spoons.
- Add more coloring as needed.
- Let the pancake batters rest for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a frying pan or griddle with non-stick spray and turn on medium-low heat.
- Cook the pancakes 3 tablespoons at a time. The edges should start to cook and little bubbles will form.
- Flip and cook the other side of the pancakes and serve with your favorite syrup!