Sea Buckthorn – the cheerful orange berries usually referred to as the holy fruit of Himalayas are packed with nutrients that feed our skin. Grown in Central Asia, China, Tibet & Europe, Sea-Buckthorn is the most common species in the hippophae family. Benefits of sea buckthorn oil are loaded with vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, organic acids and B-complex group & are proved helpful both for skin & health.
Sea Buckthorn Oil
Rich in Palmitoleic Acid (Omega-7 Fatty acids):
Palmitoleic acid, which is found in skin lipids has the capacity of epidermal regeneration. It can reduce scars & soothes skin burns.
Loaded with linolenic acid (Omega-3) & Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) (Omega-6):
GLA is important in skin health. It can improve blood circulation & provides ample oxygen to the skin, thus promoting skin nourishment.
If your skin is deprived of this rare omega-6 acid, it tends to get drier & loses elasticity, which may cause early-aging.
Linolenic Acid plays a major role in skin firming. It protects skin from water loss & has the capability to unblock pores & reduce the appearance of blackheads & acne.
Abundant in vitamin A, C, E, B Complex:
Found as carotenoids in sea Buckthorn oil, vitamin A fights against wrinkles & promotes skin regeneration.
Vitamin C is abundant (15X higher than in oranges) in sea Buckthorn berries. They have an anti-oxidative effect & protects your skin from harmful ultraviolet radiation.
Moreover, vitamin C in sea Buckthorn oil promotes brighter & even skin tone.
Vitamin E is the kind of tocopherols; vitamin P is found as flavonoids, both work together in strengthening the walls of capillary blood vessels.
Health Benefits of sea buckthorn oil
- Sea buckthorn oil or the extract of the berries have anti-inflammatory properties & are utilized in the treatment of gastric ulcers.
- It may increase immunity & can aid in fighting infections. Sea Buckthorn oil improves blood circulation and heart function.
- Sea Buckthorn extracts have the capability to promote metabolism, improve nervous system function & scale back the risk of malignant cancers.
- May reduce symptoms of menopause as sea buckthorn oil can reduce vaginal drying & is noted as a good alternative to estrogen.
- Animal studies recommend that sea buckthorn oil has an antidepressant impact. However, there no enough info on human study.
- Vitamin E, healthy fats, carotenoids present in sea buckthorn oil contributes towards the healthy liver.
- Studies show that flavonoid-rich sea buckthorn oil might fight against cancer cells. However, the result is milder than chemotherapy.
- One animal study suggests that sea buckthorn oil can increase insulin secretion, & might help reduce blood glucose levels.
Benefits of Sea Buckthorn Oil for Skin
- Sea Buckthorn oil is a sturdy antioxidant. It fights aging, supports wound healing, reduces scars and discolorations.
- The powerful actives in this oil have the capability to rebuild skin cells and might treat skin allergies, sunburns & promotes firmer-looking skin.
- As a rich source of vitamin C, sea Buckthorn oil can helps in reducing acne, improving skin elasticity & limits excessive water loss.
- It can even shield your skin against harmful radiation ultraviolet rays & can regenerate skin structure and has a visible anti-aging result.
Sea buckthorn oil or the fruit extract is loaded with several vitamins, mineral, and healthy fatty acids. The benefits of sea buckthorn oil are used as a popular alternative to several ailments. When used as a cosmetic, sea buckthorn oil, can deliver anti-aging effects, reduces acne & can promote skin regeneration.